Friday, June 5, 2009

This Picture said so much...

Sorry Its been so long since I last posted. Time just seems to get away from me these days.

I always like to go to google images and search for random photos as my main photo for this blog. Sometimes its something that reminds me of my childhood or how my soul is feeling at the moment or what might be the cry of my heart that month.

This new picture for me caught my eye out of hundreds. At first I couldn't stop looking at it. Wondering about these two peoples lives. Wondering what they're thinking and feeling.

I then moved on to what was going on in the photo. Its pouring down raining. One is smart and brought her umbrella. She was prepared. She watched the weather that morning while going on with her morning schedule and making sure she was prepared for the day. The other lady, not so much. Granted she has a short haircut and therefore doesn't have to worry about the rain messing up her do. But she clearly wasn't a sprepared and didn't think to pay attention to the weather or if she needed her umbrella that day.

But here is another way of looking at it. Do we want to always be the one with the umbrella. So preoccupied in making sure that all our ducks are in a row that we miss out out the refreshing rain storm. In this photo is an example of two lives and their relationship with the Lord. One is distant, out of focus, and letting everything in her life prevent her from receiving the rain of the Lord upon her life. The other is clear, confident, and standing strong to not only receive what the Lord has for her but bravely battling what's coming her way knowing that in the long run it's going to be good and bring life.

So my prayer right now is that, Lord I don't want to be so pragmatic that I lose sight of what is real and that I stop feeling and stop receiving Your rain, Your favor, and most importantly Your word. Make it so that I am not the one in the background. Out of focus. Make it so that I am the one living my life totally and completely to honor You and Your name. Take the things out of my life that I have placed first and have caused a sheild against You. Let me be confident and stand strong in who I am and what I am to accomplish in this life! Amen!

1 comment:

Blackwell said...

You should add that rain picture to this post.. that way you can change your header whenever you want. :)