Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Who knew there could be so much crap...


So we are going to put our house on the market (come on favor of God)! A little nervous but excited and who knew you could accumulate so much crap in so little time. We decided to rent a storage space to box up some of the stuff we won't need for the next few months so I have been going room to room working on this. I generally see myself as the neat freak and maybe even a bit on the OCD side of living a clutter free life. All I can say is whatever. That image has been blown to h-e-double hockey sticks. From old magazines, dusty books, nasty towels to paper clips in places that don't even have paper to fulfill their destiny. The dust is incredible. Really we shed skin cells at an enormous rate. My closet was the worst black hole ever. I took about 6 bags to the goodwill (if any of it was great stuff I would have totally let you guys have first dibs). Most was faded shirts, dated purses, worn out shoes, etc. Anyway, I am now feeling like my house can breathe. aaaahhhhh! It's a great feeling.

So now for metaphor time...

I also realized that spiritually I might be living this way. Thinking that I'm living this OCD, clutter free spiritual life when really there's some dust and cob webs that need to get cleaned out by Jesus so that our spiritual life can breathe. aaaahhhh! We gotta clean the filth to get to the core of our problems.

Well, cheers to cleaning out your closets!

1 comment:

Blackwell said...

I love your new background! And I love cleaning clutter :) Doesn't it just make you feel like you've accomplished so much :)