Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Favor Goes On...

All I can say is Thank You at this point of Gods favor "reining" down on me. If you read one of my prior posts "The peace after the storm" you'll get this one. When God whispered to me at the alter "I've got this", I really didn't know how or what but there was a breaking when that was spoken and He's definitely got it. I had a friend having some issues in her marriage and they have seeked marriage counseling and are continuing to work things out and it seems they are doing good. Another friend who is going thru turmoil and choosing a new path but yet it seems that person is still confident in what they're choosing. My mom who is at this point not really even able to work has seen Gods favor too in that church people and her work peers are stepping up to help out by meals or decorating her house for christmas. All of these I had taken on personally and felt somehow that I was supposed to fix them. God is good and He is fixing them. I have also come to another really hard pill in my life to swallow. My mom needs a liver transplant and I am a match. I have decided after much prayer and consideration to not be a donor. There has not yet been a "settling" for me to say yes. It is a complicated surgery which could have life long complications. At this point scientifically they don't know the longterm complications for the live donor. I feel I am young and want more children and most importantly, be here for the family I have. God's favor is still coming I can feel it in my "knower". I feel like right now Gods favor is raining on us gently but definitely raining. If it rained too hard we would flood. Just like when it rains and the ground is dry and hard at first the water just sits on top of the soil. But once it goes thru that soaking phase the water will then soak in because the soil is soft. God is softening us. We were dry and hard and God is softening and quinching our thirst before the pouring rains happen.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Beautiful post! God is raining down on you guys. I will keep your mom in my prayers.

Kristen said...

Just found your blog. :) Hope to see you around soon. Kristen

Jolanthe said...

I didn't even know your mom was sick!!

Praying for you girl! And may God's favor continue to rain down on you all!