Tuesday, December 30, 2008

It's been awhile...

Sorry it's been so long since a new post. Hopefully you're enjoying my new design...thought I'd change things up a bit.

Well Christmas has come and gone again...next year there will be more cookie making, parties, fellowship and family! I always feel like I don't see family and friends quite enough during the holidays and really thats what part of it's about!

Over the past month I have truly learned the meaning of the saying when it rains, it pours! Gods favor is still abundant but the enemy is definitely trying to come in. It seems as though just when I get to a more in depth place with God the enemy is saying "Oh no you don't". Worship has been my refuge the past few weeks. I always love when I hear a song and it pierces right to the core of what is going on spiritually. My new favorite is Kari Jobe's "The More I Seek You". I've added a "song of the moment" at the bottom of my page. I will try to update this whenever I find a new song that just hits the spot.

Now for a resolution...(come on guys, I know you've been thinking about this)

Every year I come up with one and I never quite finish it to the end. This year I want it to be different. I don't want this resolution to be between me and myself such as losing weight or being more organized, etc. I want this years to be between me and the man upstairs. I want it to actually feed my soul, not just my lifestyle.

Since I connect with God during worship, my new years resolution is (drum roll please).....to worship Him more. I know it sounds simple but you think about how many times a day you come to a moment of quiet and say praise for whatever is going on that day or whisper His name in gratitude or hum a song of worship for whats to come. He is Worthy....Worthy of more praise! I don't do it enough. I might listen to worship songs but I don't let my heart worship throughout the day. So there it is folks. I've confessed with my lips (figuratively speaking) so now you guys can hold me accountable.

P.S. - Thank you for everything you guys have done this past month. For the prayers, tissues, shoulders, etc. Its been much needed and beyond what any regular Thank You can serve!

Love ya and Happy NEW Year!!!

1 comment:

Blackwell said...

Great resolution!!!!!!!!! :)