Monday, August 4, 2008

Initial Glimpse

August 4, 2008

Well, at this point I am having faith that God’s infinite plan for my life is not yet complete. I have felt over the past years that I have been walking as a Godly woman and still do not doubt that today. The voice of God has been small the past few years probably on the fault of my own self doubt and uncertainty in what our calling in life is. We’ve been youth pastors and I have served on the worship team but I still feel like I’m waiting for a shout or sign as to what our call is in the church. Is it small group leaders, mediators, etc.? I have always thought that my life would be the small pebble that caused a hundred ripples. I guess I thought at this age I would know and would be fulfilling my destiny that Christ has called me to live out. I have in my lifetime dealt with divorce, verbal abuse, being a grownup while still a child, accused of an inappropriate relationship and for some reason the black sheep of my family. I do not fit into the cookie cutter way that I think some people think I should fit into. I speak my mind, I show my emotions, I guard my heart, I like to be fashionable and trendy, I like feeling put together and with it, I love my friends, I love to be the center of attention and the leader in situations, I love anything girly and pink, I would watch Legally Blonde everyday, I would get a boob job and another nose job if I felt I wouldn’t be looked at so differently, I love my family. My husband is incredible – loving, constantly forgiving, a beautiful soul who will have a great reward in heaven, my breath, my constant, truly my better half. My London – a bubbly spirit which cannot be broken, comedian, center of attention, charmer of my soul, my caffeine, pure and good at heart, his faith will speak to thousands, determined in all ways. I have always held on the highest podium my loyalty in everything. My life, my family, my job…I think my parents own lack of commitment has made me overly committed, probably not always to my benefit. When people question this it truly shoots me in the core. I have built my relationships on this virtue and place it up there on the list with my religion, my family, etc. It is what I base my morals and values on. I’ve started this journal to not only help with the storm that I battle but to reveal my inmost thoughts and feelings to my loved ones who maybe don’t get a glimpse in.

2 comments:

Blackwell said...

Ohh Sara, I can relate!! When you feel like your destiny is there and it is going to be something amazing... but you're just sitting here waiting for a sign.

Remember the verse: "For I know the plans I have for you, " declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". Jeremiah 29:11

Keep praying into this verse and asking God to reveal His plan for you! You are an amazing person and you were wonderfully made!! I'm glad to call you my friend and to watch you grow into the woman that God has planned for you!!

Meloney said...

Melara,

Wow...this is incredible and definitely NOT depressing:) It was a pick me up for me becasue I was able to relate to all the feelings you describe on so many levels. Your honesty is touching, thank you for being so open! All the things that everyone admires and respects you for are in those reasons you listed that also make you fell isolated and like the "black sheep". Really, your ability to maintain loyalties, stay true to your self and be so incredibly adorable are the reasons I have clung to you as a friend for all these years. I LOVE who you are and who you are becoming. I promise, you are not being stagnet and you haven't lost a place in God's plan for you. Continue to see the amazing woman you are and all ther things you have overcome to become the wife, mother and friend you are today!!! You are INCREDIBLE!!!!

Love you,
Mel